viernes, 7 de diciembre de 2012

Revenge's Josh Bowman opens up to DA MAN

 DA MAN: The character of Daniel has grown a lot within the series in such a short span of time. Where would you like to see him go in terms of character development?
Josh Bowman: I think what you’ve seen is the development of Daniel in various arcs throughout the character’s story. This season he becomes much more ruthless and street smart, which has definitely been more enjoyable to play and, in my opinion, suitable for the character.

DA MAN: Could you name a few actors who inspire you, whose style and methods you take cue from?
Josh Bowman: Gary Oldman, I think, is truly exceptional. There are very few who take the risks and make the choices he does. Not only that, but everytime I watch him, I see him enjoying himself, and for me, that’s the key to it all. When you enjoy yourself during a scene, you free yourself up so much more – Meryl Streep is another great example of that.



DA MAN: Some actors like to take risks and make unpopular decisions to do roles that challenge their acting abilities, even though they don’t necessarily work for them careerwise. What are your thoughts on that? Does popularity outweigh the art or is it the other way around for you?
Josh Bowman: Well, like I said, Gary Oldman, as well as Mark Rylance and other actors of their ilk, are pioneers of risk taking and bold choices. I think if you are fortunate enough to have the opportunity to land roles like they do, and obviously if you are prepared and talented enough, then for sure I would want to challenge myself and work on something that I could “act” in. By “act” I mean – look different, talk different, move different. That’s what it’s all about, and if you get a chance to do that then that’s where the fun lies. Right?

0 comentarios :

Publicar un comentario