martes, 11 de marzo de 2014

Minnesota Girl Battling Leukemia Meets Miley Cyrus!

 ST. PAUL, Minn. -- It's been a rough road to this point for Lulu Martinez, a young woman from central Minnesota who is battling leukemia for the second time.

Her older sister Brittany wanted to do something special for Lulu so she started a Twitter campaign to see if she could get Lulu to meet her favorite singer, Miley Cyrus.

It all started with the hashtag #MileytoLulu. It took off and it worked.

"Been freaking out the whole week and on the way here in the car, it's been fun," says Brittany.

After weeks of trying to spread the word, Lulu found out that Monday night at the Miley Cyrus concert she'd get to go back stage. On the way to the Xcel Energy Center she found out that everyone in her group would get to go, too.

"Screaming, can't breathe, is this actually happening? Stuff like that," says Lulu as she describes her reaction to the news.




When the moment finally arrived, Lulu and her clan headed backstage. First, they met up with a few Minnesota Wild hockey players and then the main event.

"It was memorable. It was nice. She just asked how we were and she said she liked my shirt," says Lulu.

Lulu gave Miley one of her own T-shirts and a team Lulu bracelet while they talked and took pictures.

"I'll probably brag about it at school until I graduate and then after I get married too," jokes Lulu about the experience.

And, when you meet your favorite superstar, there's bound to be some nerves right?

"Well, at first I was because I wasn't feeling good and I'm like, I'm going to meet Miley and I'm going to puke and she's going to remember me as the girl who puked, but I didn't puke. I was all good. It went smooth," she says.

A memorable night for Lulu and for Brittany. The memories go beyond just meeting a singer, they're of all the people who helped make her sister's dream a reality.

"It's amazing in less than a month that we got this far. Just thankful for everyone that's helped," says Brittany.

And once you've met your idol, what's next?

"I'll probably just keep following her on Twitter like I usually do and obsessing like I usually do," says Lulu.

0 comentarios :

Publicar un comentario