martes, 5 de agosto de 2014

Nicki Minaj Covers The Fader Magazine

 Never one to bite her tongue, Nicki Minaj weighed in on the price of fame in her cover story for The Fader magazine’s Fall Fashion issue, on newsstands August 24th.

When asked to clarify her cryptic reference to a near-death experience during her BET Awards speech back in June, the “Super Bass” babe explained she was trying to bring awareness to the plight of celebrities.

"I was making a point to say that the business kills so many people and we don't even realize it. I can only imagine how many people in this business have died because they may not have wanted to...to be embarrassed publicly. We care so much about what the world thinks that we don't live, really."


 Of her upcoming Pink Print album launch and various other merchandising opportunities, Minaj shared, "Every time I do a business venture or something that isn't the norm for a female rapper, I pat myself on the back. It's important that corporate America can see a young black woman being able to sell things outside of music."


And no matter how big she gets, Nicki will never forget her family, especially 16-year-old brother Micaiah. "One day he asked my mother, 'Do you ever think there'll come a time we all live in the same house again, and Onika will be back and she'll have her room, and I'll have my room?' And it just broke my heart. I don't want to get emotional. I just miss them. Every time I talk about them, I get emotional."

0 comentarios :

Publicar un comentario